The Charlotte Campus Library is more closely connected to Morton Library in Richmond than ever. The UPSem Library website will be the greatest avenue for you to finding the resources that you need for your academic studies. At the website, you will be able to look up books in Richmond and Charlotte, use premium databases for research, request books from Richmond, utilize tutorials that explain how to use library resources, and discover helpful library guides. To use UPSem Library ebook and electronic journal resources from off of campus, you will need to use your Union e-mail address and password. Of course, you do not need passwords to use the catalog. The next page over will give more information about library resources. Below is a brief list of common resources associated with each library.
Library Printing System Coming Soon
Charlotte library has two copiers/printers, one upstairs and one downstairs. So far, because of conscientious students, we have been able to offer free copying. I am grateful that we can offer this for free but there is a coin mechanism in place should we need impliment that. Students can certainly make copies as necessary and/or they can either print off of a flashdrive or print off of the computer that linked to the copier/printer. Students can also scan material and email it from both copiers. Please see David Mayo if you are interested.
Welcome to UPSem Library
Welcome to the UPSem Library Bible and Theology libguide. The first tab to the right of the "Welcome" tab is an outline of library resources. This will briefly explain what library resources are available to our students. The "Commentary Assistance" tab will give valuable information on the different commentaries, primarily to help with the exegesis work. When selecting the "Biblical Exegesis Resources" tab above, students will find the rubric for putting together a Biblical Exegesis paper and the library resources needed for the differenet steps in that process. The "Research and Writing Style" tab lists resources that help students with academic research, skillful writing, and properly citing sources.
What's New in the Library
1) UPSem Library website is where all UPSem students now go for library information. Students can search the catalog directly from the library website.
2) The Charlotte and Richmond Libraries have joined their library blogs and Facebook accounts together.
3) Ask-to-Order system for purchasing resources by students and faculty
4) BibleWorks 10
5) Students and faculty can scan material to other email accounts. Ask David Mayo how that can be done.
6) The library is purchasing more ebooks, particularly for ebooks.
7) Check-out time for students has been moved from 3 weeks to end of semester.
8) There are no more fines but there is a hefty lost book fine.
2016 FALL SEMESTER LIBRARY HOURS
Tuesday: 9 am – 5 pm
Wednesday: 9 am – 5 pm
Thursday: 9 am – 9 pm
Friday: 9 am – 9 pm
Saturday: 7:30 am – 6:00 pm
Sunday: closed (worship the Lord!)